[scribus] How to insert Hyperlinks? "Insert PDF fields"?

Jack Fromm jjfrv8 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 13:56:31 UTC 2013

On 12/03/2013 04:18 PM, Bob Furber wrote:
> With Method A
> (http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Adding_Hyperlinks_to_your_Scribus_PDF_document)
> it is easy to insert the link directly in the PDF document. However,
> it is an invisible link. That is, it does not look like a link and its
> appearance does not change upon or after clicking it.
>
> So, I tried Method B. But I got stumped right away at: Click the "OK"
> button for "Insert PDF fields". I looked and looked, but I could not
> find the "Insert PDF fields".

Bob, I had trouble finding it too.  In Scribus 1.4.3, if you have the
*PDF Tools* toolbar enabled (under *Windows* on the main Scribus menu),
you will have the buttons they talk about in Method B.  Screenshot here:
http://imagebin.org/280496

However, as you can see, the hover tooltip doesn't say "Insert PDF
fields", it says "Push Button" instead.  But the rest of the
instructions seem to match what you get when you click that option.

I've never actually used Method B, so I can't vouch for it.  I use
Method A.  It's not ideal.  You have to change the appearance of the
underlying text in a separate operation to make it look like a link, but
it does work.

Hope that helps,
Jack