[scribus] Version 1.5 for windows

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Fri Aug 2 09:52:52 UTC 2013

On 01/08/2013 20:30, Jeffrey Merrow wrote:

> I doubt that this script was tested FOR WINDOWS.

:)

John did say "set up a small Linux partition".

Yes, no doubt I could build it on Linux if I got all the right versions
of Qt etc. We have a Linux server and a myriad of Rasperry Pis doing
various things. Despite our love of Linux however, most of our document
preparation happens on wintel laptops. Doing this stuff over broadband
with xrdp doesn't sound like a good plan though. And come to think of
it, the server is running Fedora 14, so getting the right version of Qt
etc might be interesting.

I was putting the latest Fedora on an old laptop that's got a gig of RAM
(hardly enough for Fedora), but I'd much rather use Scribus on my
windows 7 laptop which has 8 gig.

I guess I'll probably just have to wait until 1.5 is released, but I
wouldn't have minded trying it before hand given all the good things
people are saying about it.

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore,MSc EDM (Open),B.A. Chem (Oxon),CMIOSH,CEnv,MIEMA,MEI
Reg. Office: Unit 1A Manners Court, Manners Avenue, Ilkeston. DE7 8EF