[scribus] Collect for output

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Apr 23 15:15:16 UTC 2013

On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 07:59:33 -0700
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> dijo:

>I have two issues when I use Collect for Output. The document is a
>single page flyer created in 1.4.2 on Fedora 16, x86_64.
>
>1) When I open the copy of the .sla file in the collect folder, even
>though all the graphics were collected and are in the same folder, the
>graphics are all missing in their frames. Obviously, the copy of
>the .sla file has lost its links to the graphics. How can I use Collect
>for Output and make sure that the copy of the .sla file has links
>to the graphics that it collects?

I must need more coffee. I just noticed that Collect for Output failed
to make copies of the graphics in the collect folder. That explains why
the graphics are missing in the copy of the .sla file.

But why did Collect for Output not make copies of the graphics? In the
dialog box there are buttons to include fonts, color profiles and to
compress the files, but no option to include or exclude the graphics. I
just assumed that including copies of the graphics would be standard
behavior. If i send the collected folder to a printer they will
certainly need the graphics. Have I missed a setting somewhere?

>2) I use a Junicode as my workhorse font, but this document was
>created with Arial. There are two text frames and, before placing the
>text in them, I set the default font for the frames to Arial. When I
>place the cursor in the text frames and do Select All, the font
>dropdown in the properties palette does not go blank, as it normally
>would if the selection contained more than one font. It stays "Arial."
>However, after using Collect for Output I find that Scribus collected
>the Junicode font as well. It must be somewhere in the document,
>but I can't find it.

Still can't figure this out.