[scribus] Collect for output

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Apr 23 14:59:33 UTC 2013

I have two issues when I use Collect for Output. The document is a
single page flyer created in 1.4.2 on Fedora 16, x86_64.

1) When I open the copy of the .sla file in the collect folder, even
though all the graphics were collected and are in the same folder, the
graphics are all missing in their frames. Obviously, the copy of
the .sla file has lost its links to the graphics. How can I use Collect
for Output and make sure that the copy of the .sla file has links
to the graphics that it collects?

2) I use a Junicode as my workhorse font, but this document was
created with Arial. There are two text frames and, before placing the
text in them, I set the default font for the frames to Arial. When I
place the cursor in the text frames and do Select All, the font
dropdown in the properties palette does not go blank, as it normally
would if the selection contained more than one font. It stays "Arial."
However, after using Collect for Output I find that Scribus collected
the Junicode font as well. It must be somewhere in the document,
but I can't find it.