[scribus] reading pub and idd files

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Wed Apr 17 05:01:48 UTC 2013

> Gesendet: Dienstag, 16. April 2013 um 09:24 Uhr
> Von: "Alexandre Prokoudine" <alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com>
> Betreff: Re: [scribus] reading pub and idd files
>
> On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 10:24 AM, "Christoph Schäfer" wrote:
>
> >> Yup, I'll have to remember that, because there's no telling from the wiki :)
> >
> > Errm: http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Building_SVN_versions_with_CMake
>
> Try finding that without searching for SVN or Subversion in the wiki :)
>
> Hint: the page has "Installlation" category, not "Development". Unlike
> both pages on using Git.

Fixed.

> > The Scribus Help Browser also directly links to this file, just in case your memory fades ;)
>
> Yeeees, except it need installed Scribus, or knowing that there is
> such a document as an HTML file.

The "Download" link on the Scribus frontpage will direct you to a wiki page that also tells you about svn.

> Just try looking at this as someone who doesn't follow development in
> the 24/7/365 mode. You'll be surprised how many things aren't all that
> obvious.

I agree. Not everything is obvious, no matter how hard one tries ;)

> > See: http://lists.scribus.net/pipermail/scribus-commit/2013-March/005708.html and http://lists.scribus.net/pipermail/scribus-commit/2013-April/005731.html for an explanation.
>
> Thanks. So far I've notices that Scribus attempts to apply fixed
> linespacing everywhere, and values go crazy at that (280pt, 380pt --
> how about that?), which explains why most of the text is invisible.
>
> Test files:
>
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55576315/pub/TC9980101-PB/TC9980101-LAYOUT-PB1.pub
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55576315/pub/TC9980301D-IP/TC9980301D-LAYOUT-IP1.pub

First of all, I think it's a bit early to test the importer. As Franz mentioned in his submission comment, this is a first step (and he probably has good reasons to leave it disabled by default for the time being). Unlike Qt5 support, the availability of the PUB importer hasn't been announced as ready for testing, yet. It was only mentioned in a.l.e's email to the list (and there's nothing wrong with this).

As to the files you listed, we have a bug tracker (but I'm sure Franz took notice anyway) ;)

Christoph