[scribus] Working with 1bit black & white line art

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Mon Sep 24 11:58:24 UTC 2012

> Greyscale itself cannot be the source of the problem if white is
> converted to 0xFF and black is converted to 0.00. Using greyscale makes
> the file larger but should not change 'colours' here.

True, it would only change the pixels from 0 and 1 to 0 and 255.

I think the issue must be resampling. I don't think Scribus will
resample unless told so (setting the maximum DPI), so the resampling
(or anti-aliasing?) might take place during print.

A good way to test is probably to view the PDF on screen and zoom in
(400-800% zoom).

/Peter