[scribus] Styles and Italic, etc

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Sep 4 15:01:41 UTC 2012

hi barry,
> It seems that, using the Story Editor, I can change single words to
> italic in a style set for regular.
>
> However, I want to know if that is the incorrect way to apply italic
> to a single word or phrase using styles? Is there some 'gotcha'
> somewhere?
>
> Is it proper usage to apply a separate character style to a word in
> the midst of a paragraph/character style set for regular, or is it
> also appropriate to just use the font selection in Story Editor?
>
> What's the best way for this issue?

i'm confident, that in four years you will have discovered that in-frame
editing is a cool feature and that the properties palette a wonderful
tool...

more seriously, if you're serious with using character styles and
paragraph styles, if your text frames are not upside down (or otherwise
rotated), if your text chains don't flow for dozens of pages, you should
seriously consider to work in the frame.

at some time in the future the story editor will be rewritten and it
will have character styles... but for now it's hard to use if you're
serious with text formatting...

hth
a.l.e