[scribus] layout software...scribus or Tex?

Erich Dollansky erich.lists at alogreentechnologies.com
Mon Nov 26 04:13:38 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Sun, 25 Nov 2012 20:50:04 -0700
Christen Anderson <christenanderson1994 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey everybody...
> I've been working off and on with scribus for a couple years now...
> love it! My question is, I'm getting ready to lay out a book (~100
> pages). It's sort of a reference book... there will be probably a few
> (10 or 15 at the most) diagrams, and maybe side columns by the
> margins to take notes. Would it be better to use Scribus or Tex for
> this? I haven't done much with Tex, so it's kind of a steep learning
> curve, but I'm reasonably computer savvy, so I think I could do it.
> So.. should I learn Tex and use that, or import from OO directly into
> Scribus, or use Tex for the basic layout then import into Scribus..
> or what?

I think that in this case, this list will not be of much help. Scribus
can do the job. If you feel comfortable with it, just use it.

There would be no reason to consider other programs. Else, you could
also start writing your own software.

I do not see a reason for you to make a switch now. If you want, you
can learn TeX after this project when there is no pressure on you.

Erich