[scribus] layout software...scribus or Tex?

Christen Anderson christenanderson1994 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 03:50:04 UTC 2012

Hey everybody...
I've been working off and on with scribus for a couple years now... love it!
My question is, I'm getting ready to lay out a book (~100 pages). It's
sort of a reference book... there will be probably a few (10 or 15 at
the most) diagrams, and maybe side columns by the margins to take notes.
Would it be better to use Scribus or Tex for this? I haven't done much
with Tex, so it's kind of a steep learning curve, but I'm reasonably
computer savvy, so I think I could do it. So.. should I learn Tex and
use that, or import from OO directly into Scribus, or use Tex for the
basic layout then import into Scribus.. or what?

Thanks for suggestions,
Christen
--
Behind the Feather Curtain <https://feathercurtain.wordpress.com/>