[scribus] flatten info in pdf

Staffan Melin (Oscillator) staffan.melin at oscillator.se
Wed Nov 14 12:23:07 UTC 2012

Hi!

A quick reply:

http://www.shaftek.org/blog/2007/11/09/flattening-transperancies-in-pdf-with-free-tools/

which says:

"An interesting issue has come up recently with my publishing company
- one of our printing suppliers flagged incoming PDFs as being
not-printable due to transparencies. After looking around for
solutions, I came up with a way to resolve the issue without resorting
to Acrobat (which we don’t use). The solution is two fold:

1. First convert the incoming PDF to PostScript using XPDF‘s pdftops.
This will flatten the transparencies. GhostScript’s pdf2ps tool DOES
NOT do that.

2. Then convert the PostScript back to PDF using GhostScript‘s ps2pdf tool.

Both tools are open source and free (although watch out for
GhostScript’s GPL license). One important point – pdftops requires a
paper width and height unless you want to end up with 8×11 paper for
everything. The width/height is specified in PostScript points which
are 72 per inch."

Kind regards,

Staffan
SWEDEN