[scribus] Build Version Ascertainable?

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sun Nov 11 09:41:53 UTC 2012

hi john,

> I've been building Scribus from the high watermark of SVN (1.5) and
> need to determine what version my currently running edition is from.
> Using Help-About does not provide me the Subversion version and gives
> me a date of "1 August 2012" when my system notes I built it 18:33:17
> 09/10/12 PDT.
>
> Is the Subversion version which Scribus is built from ascertainable
> from a running instance?  If not, is there a file is the staged tree
> that might reflect it?  I built Scribus using Gentoo's portage
> facility which basically pulls whatever is HEAD at the time I
> update.  In this case, I think I last successfully built on 18:33:17
> 09/10/12 PDT.  I'm going to go look at the Subversion repository (I
> hope there is a websvn (http://websvn.tigris.org/) interface) and
> determine what version was HEAD around that time.
>
> It seems to me having a Subversion version and date included in the
> About box might be helpful.

this has been discussed a few times already, but (afaik) nobody brought
a usable solution.

another useful feature, would be to add the git branch, for the ones
who compile from gif.

the main question is: how can we hack the cmake scripts to
automatically add such information?

is there anybody on this list with the knowledge needed to do it?

have a nice day
a.l.e