[scribus] Build Version Ascertainable?

John L. Poole jlpoole56 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 21:30:59 UTC 2012

I've been building Scribus from the high watermark of SVN (1.5) and need
to determine what version my currently running edition is from.
Using Help-About does not provide me the Subversion version and gives me
a date of "1 August 2012" when my system notes I built it 18:33:17
09/10/12 PDT.

Is the Subversion version which Scribus is built from ascertainable from
a running instance?  If not, is there a file is the staged tree that
might reflect it?  I built Scribus using Gentoo's portage facility which
basically pulls whatever is HEAD at the time I update.  In this case, I
think I last successfully built on 18:33:17 09/10/12 PDT.  I'm going to
go look at the Subversion repository (I hope there is a websvn
(http://websvn.tigris.org/) interface) and determine what version was
HEAD around that time.

It seems to me having a Subversion version and date included in the
About box might be helpful.
--
Email Rider

John Laurence Poole