[scribus] eBooks on Scribus

Murray Strome wmstrome at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 1 12:55:59 UTC 2012

--- On Thu, 11/1/12, Gregory Pittman wrote:
On 10/31/2012 06:35 PM, Bruce Gatten wrote:
> Can I publish an eBook with Scribus?

we may get there some day, but so far not.
There are other better choices for creating an eBook if that is your
goal. You could try Sigil for one.

Greg
To create E-Books, I create a PDF document with Scribus, then convert it to E-Pub with Calibre, which is free, open software available for LINUX, Windows and Mac:
http://calibre-ebook.com/

There are also free online services which will convert PDF to E-Book format.

Since these excellent free methods for converting from PDF (and many other formats as well, such as Kindle) to eBook format exist, I think the Scribus developers should concentrate on continuing to improve Scribus core features rather than creating new output formats.
        ----Just my opinion.

 Murray