[scribus] The World Naked Bike Ride book wants to thank the Scribus team!

Richard Foley richard.foley at rfi.net
Wed May 30 07:56:53 UTC 2012

I think that's what I've done. If I open the original Scribus document with
1.4.1 I get the following:

Preferences
    -> Colour Management
        -> RGB Images............sRGB IEC61966-2.1
        -> CMYK Images...........Fogra27L CMYK Printed Press
        -> RGB Solid Colors......sRGB IEC61966-2.1
        -> CMYK Solid Colors.....Fogra27L CMYK Printed Press
        -> Monitor...............Icms RGB virtual profile
        -> Printer...............Fogra27L CMYK Printed Press

PDF Export
    -> Pre-Press
        -> Compatibility.........PDF 1.3 (Acrobat 4)
    -> Color
        ->Output Intended For....Printer

( So far this in the working document using 1.4.1 which does not support PDF/X1-a. )

Now I open the same file in 1.5.0 and save as PDF/X1-a:2001 (and ignore the
disjointed text frame flow problem for the moment, reported elsewhere), and look at
the pre-press tab.

Pre-Press
    -> PDF/X Output Intent
        -> Output Profile........Fogra27L CMYK Printed Press

I cannot disable this pre-selected output profile. I do not know if this is the
correct profile to use, although it is the profile refered to under "printer"
above, so I guess it's ok(?). I do not know if LSI will accept this profile
which appears to be about to be embedded in the PDF/X1-a export, when they say
they do not accept embedded profiles in PDFs for colour books. One thing is
still clear to me, LSI still reject the submitted PDF, even though Acrobat
opens it and reads it as a PDF/X1-a.

I'm probably missing something obvious...

--
Ciao

Richard Foley

http://www.rfi.net/books.html