[scribus] The World Naked Bike Ride book wants to thank the Scribus team!

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue May 29 18:50:42 UTC 2012

On 05/29/2012 02:23 PM, Richard Foley wrote:
> Hi Flem,
>
> I hear you. But LSI are very clear in their documentation, and I quote:
>
>      Color Book Interior/Cover:
>      Because color book files are required to be PDF/x-1a:2001 compliant, ICC
>       profiles cannot be used for any color book files.
>
> Furthermore:
>
>      When I export using 1.5.0 with no profiles, LSI reject my PDF.
>      When I export using Acrobat with no profiles, LSI accept my PDF.
>
> I'm only describing my experience here.

We had some issues when we published our manual. We used LSI for those
which were purchased through Amazon, and Louis Desjardins's Mardigrafe
for others. IIRC, problems we had initially ended up being that all of
the fonts were not embedded, and once that was fixed, then it was Ok for
LSI too.

As I look back at the PDFs, they both indicate that they are PDF 1.4,
with the PDF creator being pdftk (we made chapters in Scribus, then
assembled the book with pdftk).

So there is information that LSI has that they don't wish to share. If
we want to give them some slack, we might suggest that they restrict
themselves to known "safe" PDF creators, but there are more nefarious
interpretations also.

Greg