[scribus] spellcheck

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Sat May 19 19:37:47 UTC 2012

On 19/05/2012 19:54, Jean Ghali wrote:
> Le 19/05/2012 20:41, John Beardmore a écrit :

>> Does 'resolved' mean it will work under windows ?
>
> Yes, also... Contrary to aspell, hunspell is fully supported on Windows.

Yeeeee Haaaa !

After all these years !!   (User since 1.3.3.9)

One of the bleats I've had from people who are probably just too idle to
learn Scribus is that 'it doesn't even have a spelling checker' !

I think this was pretty much the last key feature that was missing.
Plenty of bugs to fix and many wonderful things can still be added of
course, but thank you so much for sorting this !

Is there a windows installer for 1.4.2 yet ?

Is Hunspell the same spell checker as Open Office uses ?  If so, will it
share the same dictionaries ?

Many thanks, J/.
--
John Beardmore,MSc EDM (Open),B.A. Chem (Oxon),CMIOSH,CEnv,MIEMA,MEI
Registered Office: 181 Belper Road, Stanley Common, Ilkeston. DE7 6FT