[scribus] refrase the problem: bleeds stay present in PDF with Clip to Page Margins

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Fri May 11 18:12:25 UTC 2012

2012/5/11 ale rimoldi <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch>

> hi jos,
>
> > I made a book with a lot of page covering pictures.
> > So I added a bleed. This PDF was printed by a professional printer.
> >
> > I also would like a PDF for the use in a website, with no bleeds.
> >
> > I thought that exporting to PDF with the option "Clip to Page Margins"
> > checked, would always give me a PDF clipped the page margins and
> > without the slight encroachments.
> > Thats how I remember it from working with 1.3.7.
> > But it seems that I was wrong about that.
>
> looks like a sane use of that option...
>
> if nobody is against to change "clip to printer margins" (shouldn't it
> be renamed to "clip to page border"?) to ignore the bleeds (and
> generally the whole pre-press tab), i guess that you
> should fill a feature request on http://bugs.scribus.net .

We should stick with PDF terminology.

TrimBox (once trimmed on the crop marks, the actual page format)
BleedBox (bleed zone)

Basically, TrimBox ignores totally the bleed and show you the page how it
will look when cut to final size. This is what you are looking for here.
That way, you’ll see the exact bleed effect.

Louis