[scribus] refrase the problem: bleeds stay present in PDF with Clip to Page Margins

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed May 9 14:01:53 UTC 2012

On 05/09/2012 08:40 AM, josfon at xs4all.nl wrote:
> Let me refrase my problem.
>
> I made a custom document with a 3 mm bleed.
> When I export to PDF there still is a 3mm white margin aroung the page in
> the resulting pdf, dispite the fact that the option "Clip to Page Margins"
> is checked.
>
> I never had this prblem in 1.3.x

I can't seem to reproduce this.

Tried making a PDF without clipping to margins -> Ok
Next clip to margins -> Ok (margins clipped)
Next uncheck clip to margins -> Ok (no clipping)
Next made a little bleed top and bottom (3mm) -> Ok (slight encroachment
of bleed area top and bottom)

If you want to create bleed without shrinking the final cropped size of
the page, you need to add the bleed width to the document size. In
1.3.3.x, there was no built-in bleed function, only a script, which
enlarged your document size as it was making bleeds, etc. -- perhaps you
didn't realize this.

Greg