[scribus] Limit to number of layers?

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sat Mar 31 23:04:50 UTC 2012

On 03/31/2012 06:47 PM, Cat wrote:

> Getting back to layers. The concept behind their use is very simple. And there are equally simple and few reasons one would even use layers. If they work, great, if they don't, well, I'm forced to think it's a bug or poor implementation, and then move on.
>
> I can tell you that among other art directors and designers such as myself, Scribus is respected but considered a bit behind the times. Some say 10 years or more. There are certain workflows and realities of publishing and print production that demand layout programs do certain things in certain ways.
>
> We could spend time discussing it, if we have to, but thus far, it seems like heresy to suggest things about Scribus, and I'm not interested in opening any cans of worms.
>
> Scribus is good, can do certain things for me now, and for that, I am grateful to the developers for all of their earnest hard work and dedication.

Hi dcat,

I hope you can understand that this list is populated by a collection of
people, some developers, but mostly just a number of people interested
in Scribus and various aspects of DTP. You have already experienced that
some have strong opinions, but I guess you do too, so it seems you
should be in familiar company.

The important thing is not to assume that feedback you necessarily
represents some official position that the Scribus Team has.

Greg