[scribus] Limit to number of layers?

catsoul catsoul at thinkplan.org
Tue Mar 27 16:35:25 UTC 2012

On Mar 27, 2012, at 9:31 AM, Gregory Pittman wrote:

> One of the characteristics of design and of layout is that sometimes it can get excessively fiddly…One of the things I try to consider is that, should I put this away for a couple of years, could I come back to it and very quickly understand the structure of this layout?

Good points all.

This is why I use layers to the extent I do and have done so for the best part of 20 years. I name my layers in a highly descriptive way and can usually quickly get back up to speed if I've been away from the document for awhile. In Layout apps, I tend to keep my layers at fewer than 10. In illustration, I use as many as make sense, combining layers as I go along.

HTH

dcat