[scribus] quartz filters on pdfs by scribus

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 9 17:42:38 UTC 2012

On 03/09/2012 10:21 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Recently someone asked on Twitter why applying a Quartz filter to
> reduce file size of a PDF file produced by Scribus kills all page
> links in the file. Is any mac user familiar with this?

The first question is what quartz filters do, how do they work?
I think if you're using something like this, you should have some idea
about what it's doing.

 From what I can read, I don't see any advantage over the built in image
compression you can use in Scribus with PDF export, and you certainly
have a degree of control over the method and degree of PDF shrinkage as
shown here:

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Image_DPI_and_Scaling,_and_Resultant_File_Sizes

Greg