[scribus] Oddness with new version of Junicode font

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu Mar 8 05:19:55 UTC 2012

On Sat, 4 Feb 2012 08:10:04 +1100
"Owen" <rcook at pcug.org.au> dijo:

>> Thanks for your input on Mint and OpenSuse. I am glad to see someone
>> else gets the same behavior as I do on Fedora 16. We're making
>> progress, although it still isn't clear if the problem is in Scribus
>> 1.4.0 or in the font.

>It shows in 1.5.0 as well, guess it is a font problem

Since I started this thread I posted a bug report:

http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=10600

Shortly after filing the above bug report jghali posted that he was
able to fix the problem in Scribus, with the fix to be applied to 1.4.1.

I also communicated with Professor Peter Baker, the designer of the
Junicode font. This afternoon I received an announcement on the
Junicode listserve that he had released Junicode 7.3. I just installed
Junicode 7.3 on my Fedora 16 x86_64 laptop with Scribus 1.4.0, and I am
delighted to report that it now works fine with Scribus. Evidently I
won't have to wait for Scribus 1.4.1 to enjoy Junicode goodness again.