[scribus] Scribus on Lubuntu

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Mar 7 07:48:14 UTC 2012

On Tue, 6 Mar 2012 23:08:38 -0800
syamsul arifin <isoul2005 at gmail.com> dijo:

>Dear scribus
>
>i am ubuntu user. Iam going to change my os to Lubuntu. Is Scribus
>1.4.0 working very well on Lubuntu? (sorry my english is so bad).

Scribus should work fine on Lubuntu. However, Scribus needs a lot of
RAM and a fairly fast CPU. It will run on a minimal computer, but very
slowly. People choose Lubuntu because it runs well on minimal
equipment, so I worry that you might find it slow. But if your Lubuntu
computer has sufficient RAM and CPU speed, then Scribus will run fine.
Lubuntu itself is not a problem.