[scribus] Justification (mainly)

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 4 15:04:35 UTC 2012

On 03/04/2012 04:18 AM, Thor Ewing wrote:
> Dear Listmembers,
>
> Less drastic for me as a user, but still rather irritating is that when I “Get text” from HTML, it randomly omits some characters and white spaces. I suspect that this might be a bug, but there could be another explanation.

Not sure what ends up missing, but Scribus doesn't handle all HTML tags
well, so perhaps there were some characters lost because of that.

It usually can manage bold, strong, and italics, sometimes certain font
characteristics, but I wouldn't advise importing from HTML on a regular
basis. You might do better to import to Open Office and converting there
before importing to Scribus.

Greg