[scribus] Document setup - Tools - Text does not work for new textboxes?

Rainer M Krug R.M.Krug at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 08:57:42 UTC 2012

On 20/06/12 10:33, ale rimoldi wrote:
> hi rainer,

>>> Try setting these defaults with no document active. Then load your document.
>>
>> I was refering tho the settings *in* the document, not the program defaults. For different
>> documents, I want to have different default text settings, which, as I understand it, can be
>> done via the settings in the "Document setup"
>
> from my tests it seems indeed that the settings for the text tools are useless in the document
> setup and should be replaced.
>
> this gets even more evident, when you try to guess what those settings are used for: in the
> preferences they define the "Default style" for the new documents (if i understood it
> correctly...).
>
> then, in the document setup, it can't do anything (well, you don't want to modify there the
> default style, don't you?)
>
> so, in my eyes,  in the "document setup" > text tool we should replace the typographic settings
> with a drop down listing the available styles. in that way, you can choose the style that will
> be applied to the newly created text frames.

This is exactly what I expected from these settings: to be able to define a default for *this
document* which *can be different* from the program wide default - example: poster versus handout
- - different defaults needed.

To be able to select one of the available styles for the document default would be perfectly fine,
although I think this list could potentially grow quite large over time when working on different
types of documents.

Thanks,

Rainer