[scribus] Spell Checker??

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Mon Jun 18 23:17:52 UTC 2012

On 18/06/2012 11:11, Craig Bradney wrote:

> Jean put a windows svn snapshot on source forge last week.

OK...

Downloaded 1.4.2svn and installed it.

First try:

Loaded an existing work in progress, 46 pages in various states of
development.

Selected a small text box with no known errors.

RightClick->EditText
Edit->CheckSpelling

It offered me dictionary de_DE_OLDSPELL. Selected English UK
alternative. Immediate crash, all windows gone, no visible signs remaining.

Same thing happened when I tried it a second time, and a third.

Second try:

Made a new doc with a text box containing the sentence

     "This is a tust text bx."

RightClick->EditText
Edit->CheckSpelling
Now offered me English UK dictionary.
Was able to select "test", and the word was corrected.

Noticed that it hadn't spotted that "bx" wasn't a word, so again,
RightClick->EditText
Edit->CheckSpelling
Again it offered me dictionary de_DE_OLDSPELL. Selected English UK
alternative. Again immediate crash, all windows gone, no visible signs
remaining.

This all looks like good progress, but choosing the dictionary seems
difficult. Is there a way to make it default to English (British) ?

Many thanks, J/.
--
John Beardmore,MSc EDM (Open),B.A. Chem (Oxon),CMIOSH,CEnv,MIEMA,MEI
Registered Office: 181 Belper Road, Stanley Common, Ilkeston. DE7 6FT