[scribus] Spell Checker??

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Mon Jun 18 12:34:52 UTC 2012

On 18/06/2012 10:29, a.l.e wrote:

> hi
>> I have noticed mention of the Scribus Spell Checker for 1.3.9 coming
>> up again on this Forum. (Maybe only working in the Text Editor but
>> that's OK). But when I try to use it, (select frame and press F7), I
>> just get a box saying "Spell Check complete" and nothing else even
>> when there _ARE_ errors in the spelling.
>>
>> I have asked about this before - so can we settle this once and for
>> all please.
>>
>> _IS_ there a Spell Checker for Scribus 1.3.9, and _HOW_ do you get it
>> working?
>
> 1.3.9 is an "old" development version.
>
> you should probably update to 1.4.1 first.
> one thing is for sure: until you stick with 1.3.9, you won't get any
> further improvements :-)
>
> depending on your OS, you may need the latest patches committed by craig
> and have to wait for 1.4.2 to be released to have the spelling check
> working!
>
> depending on your skills and time at your disposal, you may want to
> download the current code in svn, compile it, test it to provide
> feedback on it.
> this will help us making it work for you!

I'd be happy to test 1.4.2 with spell checker, but don't have the
facilities to build a windows version. Does anyone have a windows SVN
with spell checker I can test please ?

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore,MSc EDM (Open),B.A. Chem (Oxon),CMIOSH,CEnv,MIEMA,MEI
Registered Office: 181 Belper Road, Stanley Common, Ilkeston. DE7 6FT