[scribus] a new ebook

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Jun 13 15:51:13 UTC 2012

hi joahn,

> >> Exactly.
> >
> > please, tell me what i should do instead...
>
> As someone stated in another mail, the primary goal for Scribus is to
> provide a tool for quality DTP and top notch PDF. There are no other
> open source tools that can match Scribus.
>
> When development effort is going to be diverted to ebook production
> there's a risk that DTP/PDF will drop behind, even to the point that
> it is not useful anymore. We already have a hard time to be taken
> seriously (one of my last print jobs almost failed not because of PDF
> quality, but because they didn't want PDF generated by an open source
> tool).

well, we can't make a closed source scribus to make them happy,
sorry :-)

> If someone wants to develop a pluging or something similar for ebook
> production -- fine, but please concentrate on DTP/PDF.

please tell me what *i* should do instead of spending time on that
plugin.

i'm really interested in hearing what your priorities are. not sure at
all that i will be personally able to work on them, but i'm certainly
interested in reading about them.

finally, please consider, that for me is plugin has already been a
wonderful chance for learning how text and formatting is treated in
scribus...

ciao
a.l.e