[scribus] a new ebook

Ian "Witty" Whitfield editor at federalsaints.net
Wed Jun 13 12:53:08 UTC 2012

On 06/13/2012 02:00 PM, Ian W wrote:
>> >  I produce my approx 50 page Monthly Newsletter DIRECTLY in Scribus every
>> >  month and have done so for the past 2 years. I find it much easier
>> >  because I'm able to control the content to fit the frames in the layout
>> >  'by eye', as well as positioning of photos etc etc.
> You mean you write all text in Scribus?
>
> /Peter

Well - Yes and No Peter. A lot of what I use in my Newsletter comes from
eMail and other sources so I do a lot of Cut and Paste. But there ARE
several sections where I write directly into Scribus, (hence my request
for info on getting the Spell Checker working which I miss very much). I
also do a lot of scanning and OCR work and paste this directly into
Scribus and then do all the editing, (and layout), there.

Regards

Ian W
Pretoria, South Africa.