[scribus] a new ebook

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Wed Jun 13 06:02:24 UTC 2012

> personally, i would be much more interested in reading your thoughts on
> how scribus and other software could share content (clearly, i'm mostly
> interested in the textual content :-).

But I wrote that a few days ago already:)

More and maybe better import filters (import filters should be able to
apply any formatting, both character and paragraph styles, as well as
direct formatting, using regexp and similar "rules"), and of course
support for linked text content (the same way as images). That way
text content can be loaded, and formatted "on the fly", when the
document is opened. And using a specific Scribus "text" format (XML)
any adjustments to the formatting can get saved back to an external
file and can be edited with other software.

Before I discovered Scribus I had great hopes about
http://www.stacken.kth.se/project/pptout/ (since I had been using
LaTeX and Lyx).

I haven't tried out the render frames yet, maybe using LaTeX and
render frames already works the way I would like? Can render frames be
linked so I can write a whole book in LaTeX and import into a chain of
linked render frames?

Oh, and right, I really think the story editor should take on the good
parts from LyX. LyX works the way any typesetting editor should work,
forget all about word processing and text editor when you can write
multiple spaces or newlines after eachother. Text is glyphs forming
words forming paragraphs, you only need one space between each word
and one paragraph break between paragraphs.

/Peter