[scribus] a new ebook

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Jun 12 12:50:34 UTC 2012

hi peter,
> Sure, if someone wants to, write that export function.

not only someone wants to write it, but somebody did a successful final
paper on it ( Certificate of Advanced Studies in book design...) and
somebody else would be ready to pay for having it...

> But please, don't give people expectations that it will create a
> finished ebook from a Scribus document.

should i repeat it again?
my plugin won't transform scribus in an epub editor. it will output data
that can be used in an epub editor to create epub files!
(well technically, it will produce an epub archive, but it will only
have minimal formatting)

i've never promised anything different than that and won't deliver
anything else (at least for now!)

going back to what you've written in some of the last few mails,
personally, i would be much more interested in reading your thoughts on
how scribus and other software could share content (clearly, i'm mostly
interested in the textual content :-).
in my eyes, it's a hard task to do it right and i would be overly happy
to see somebody taking the time to create a detailed proposal!
(please change the topic of the mail if you answer to this part!)

have a nice afternoon
a.l.e