[scribus] a new ebook

wena-parry at talktalk.net wena-parry at talktalk.net
Mon Jun 11 17:29:31 UTC 2012

> I am not sure why you would want to create the e book format directly
from Scribus.

Let me answer this question why I would want to produce an e book, It
has already been partly answered.
“It's called single source methodology :) Typeset once, read
everywhere.”

But back in 1980’s I had written some WELSH books. While each of them
was more that 200 pages with references and index but there price was
£2.99 and £3.99. Both of them have interesting graphics that help to
tell the story. Sales of Welsh books are not great, if they sell more
then 500 copies they have done well. Now  by re scanning them 30 years
later it might give the subject a new lease of life. Plus copies are
getting scarce.

Then to put them on my web pages for download.

As I have produced a number of A5 books with Scribus then I already
have a tested template and experience.

Thank you Alexandre Prokoudine, Murray, Peter for airing the subject.

Wena