[scribus] Scribus crashes once again, but this time Signal #7

John Ghormley KJ4UFG kj4ufg at sera.org
Mon Jul 23 17:42:37 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 2:51 AM, Craig Bradney <cbradney at scribus.info>wrote:

> Sounds like a bad font or free type crash.
>
> Craig

Interesting, Craig, as I am using a few free fonts.  But what would make it
crash this time as opposed to any other time when I use basically the same
fonts in every magazine issue?  I do need to delete some fonts from the
Scribus font directory, as I have a bunch that are not English fonts and
that is the only language I ever use. However, if the error message
indicates the system was kerning a font, then fonts not being used would
have no effect, it would seem.  Right?

John Ghormley  KJ4UFG
Editor, SERA *Repeater Journal*
Walkertown, NC  USA