[scribus] Building Scribus 1.5 for Windows

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Sat Jul 21 00:12:45 UTC 2012

On 14/07/2012 16:23, John L. Poole wrote:

> I've invested over 30 hours grappling with building the current high
> watermark of Scribus 1.5 from within Subversion.  I'm using Microsoft's
> Visual
> Studio Express 2010.
>
> I've learned that only one developer, Jean Ghali, within this project
> does the Windows
> build.  I have not had any communication with Jean as yet.
>
> I haven't succeeded so far.   I am at a point where all the dependencies
> are built.  That, in itself, was a very time consuming endeavor complicated
> by the fact that I'm using the 2010 version of Microsoft's product instead
> of the 2008.  The 2008 project files had to be tweaked to adjust absolute
> path values.  And then, Microsoft changed the structure of their
> project/solution
> files between 2008 and 2010.

Out of interest, why are Microsoft tools used to build Scribus ?

Surely the standard Linux gcc is used on other platforms ?

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore,MSc EDM (Open),B.A. Chem (Oxon),CMIOSH,CEnv,MIEMA,MEI
Registered Office: 181 Belper Road, Stanley Common, Ilkeston. DE7 6FT