[scribus] Building Scribus 1.5 for Windows

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Sat Jul 14 18:42:28 UTC 2012

On Sat, 14 Jul 2012 08:23:21 -0700
"John L. Poole" <jlpoole56 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've invested over 30 hours grappling with building the current high
> watermark of Scribus 1.5 from within Subversion.  I'm using
> Microsoft's Visual
> Studio Express 2010.

Consider using other compiling methods, such as Cygwin. I have
not used it on Scribus sources but it works fine for e.g. Open Cobol.

And rather than investing 30 hours I suggest that a small Linux
partition would work more easily. I used to keep a partition with
an obsolete version of Slackware Linux just to get to Quanta
Plus, a graphical web page creator. You could use a similar
partition just for Scribus 1.5.0.
--
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers: