[scribus] PDF contains fragments of other pages if doc has bleeds on all sides

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Fri Jul 6 23:29:02 UTC 2012

On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 23:35:29 +0200
Andreas Hünnebeck <acmh at gmx.de> wrote:

> I'm working on a twofold brochure in A5 format (148 x 210 mm) with 3
> mm bleeds on all sides (154 x 216 mm) according to the advice of the
> print shop. If I create a colored text frame which shall touch the
> border of the page it must be so big that it reaches the border of
> the 3mm bleed.
>
> If a frame fills the page from left to right it must be 154 mm wide.
> The document
>
>    http://www.huennebeck-online.de/download/a5.sla
>
> contains two such frames on two pages side by side. If I create a PDF
> with or without bleed, e.g.
>
>    http://www.huennebeck-online.de/download/a5-with-bleeds.pdf
>    http://www.huennebeck-online.de/download/a5-without-bleeds.pdf
>
> then I would expect that each page contains only its own single
> frame. However both PDFs contain remnants of the frame of the other
> page as well. How can this be avoided, other than setting the bleed
> on the inner side to 0?
>
> Andreas Hünnebeck | email: acmh at gmx.de

For book covers I create just one page with bleeda all around. On
that page I have three panels front, back and spine. Pethaps you
could reduce your brochure to just one page. double width.
Incidentally I don't use the Scribus bleed function. I just
increse the dimensions to take care of the bleeds.
--
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers: