[scribus] Font selection

Sveinn í Felli sveinki at nett.is
Tue Jul 3 08:31:07 UTC 2012

Þann mán  2.júl 2012 16:28, skrifaði Frank Cox:
> I may be doing this wrong and if so, would appreciate someone telling me the
> right way to do it.
>
> I have Scribus 1.4.1 installed on Centos 6.
>
> FIRST ISSUE:
> When I want to select a font in the story editor, I click on the little arrows
> to the right of the font name in the story editor's window and get a list of
> fonts that stretches from the top to the bottom of the screen, with an arrow on
> the top and on the bottom of the list.  To scroll through the list of fonts
> that don't show on the screen I sit the mouse pointer on one of those arrows
> (either up or down) and the list scrolls.
>
> Well and good so far, but I have just over 400 fonts on this computer and it
> takes slightly more than forty seconds (I just timed it) to scroll from the top
> of the list to the bottom.
>
> Is there a way to scroll faster?  If  the font that I want starts with C and
> I'm down in W, it's a long wait to get back to C.

I'm just curious;

My Scribus installations so far never have shown a font list
extending across the screen, the font listbox has rather
been like this:

<http://www.nett.is/~sveinki/scribus/font_list_se.png>

The screenshot is from Scribus 1.4.0RC6 on OpenSuse 12.1 and
KDE 4.7.2 but I have the same on LinuxMint 13 Cinnamon/Mate
with Scribus 1.4.1.

I'm wondering if there's a (QT)widget set missing in the
CentOS deployment, and whether that happens also in other
Fedora/RedHat distros ?

Best regards,
Sveinn í Felli