[scribus] Too few scanlines

Jean Ghali jghali at libertysurf.fr
Sun Jul 1 13:05:49 UTC 2012

> I am in a TERRIBLE situation. I am finishing my book in Scribus, wanted
> today to send to print, but now I cant insert any image because of error
>
> Too few scanlines
>
> I extended RAM do 4GB, but didnt help. Please, please help me urgently

Hi,

With file containing lots of images, this error is usually caused by computer running out
of memory. On Windows, Scribus is a 32 bit application, so it won't use more than 2Gb of
memory.

When working with such file it is (more than) recommended to split the document in several
files. To split an existing document, just move it temporarily to another folder so as to
load it without the image. Then split document using Page > Delete. Finally move the new
documents back to the original doc folder.

Jean