[scribus] Using colour management

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Mon Jan 30 15:46:48 UTC 2012

On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 10:23:29 -0500
john Culleton <John at wexfordpress.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 01:31:37 +0000
> Boris <boristhemoggy at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have been on the forum with this issue, which they were not able
> > to resolve, so I thought I'd try here.
>> >
> Make sure you have set up the document for print rather than web
> output. I think this is in file->preferences->document.

Also make sure that you go to file->preferences->color management
and have checked Color Management on.

If you have a sRGB profile for the screen and a CMYK profile for
the printer then you should see all the colors on the screen but
some of them will be duller on the printed output because they
have been converted to CMYK. My cure for this is to import the
RGB image into Gimp, increase saturation, and save.

--
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers:

"Create Book Covers with Scribus"