[scribus] Using colour management

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 30 16:29:26 UTC 2012

On 01/30/2012 10:23 AM, john Culleton wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 01:31:37 +0000
> Boris<boristhemoggy at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> I have been on the forum with this issue, which they were not able to
>> resolve, so I thought I'd try here.
>>
>> I am trying Scribus for the first time, in order to write a book
>> which will use lots of photographs. Therefore colour management is
>> important and I have set all profiles as I think they should be.
>> However, on loading my first photograph, it shows with much green in
>> the dark areas, which I am told is an out of gamut error.
>>
>> The photos were exported n sRGB, the monitor has been calibrated and
>> has it's own profile which I use, and the print profiles were left as
>> default. The part where it asks for the path for ICC profiles is
>> greyed out so I cannot point to it.
>>
>> I'm using Windows 7 32 bit and I'm not sure what other info you'd
>> need to try and help resolve this, so please  just ask.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Gary
>>
> Make sure you have set up the document for print rather than web
> output. I think this is in file->preferences->document.

It's worth trying out what John suggests to see if this out of gamut
situation still applies to an exported PDF with Printer selected (Output
Intended for).

I think what's happened with profiles is that they have become more
automatic, so perhaps this file selector in Preferences isn't used any
more. Someone may correct me on this.

If this is true, then you need to make sure your profiles are where
Scribus is looking for them -- that's where the online manual may be of
assistance regarding the situation in Windows.

Greg