[scribus] Using colour management

Boris boristhemoggy at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 01:31:37 UTC 2012

I have been on the forum with this issue, which they were not able to
resolve, so I thought I'd try here.

I am trying Scribus for the first time, in order to write a book which
will use lots of photographs. Therefore colour management is important
and I have set all profiles as I think they should be.
However, on loading my first photograph, it shows with much green in the
dark areas, which I am told is an out of gamut error.

The photos were exported n sRGB, the monitor has been calibrated and has
it's own profile which I use, and the print profiles were left as default.
The part where it asks for the path for ICC profiles is greyed out so I
cannot point to it.

I'm using Windows 7 32 bit and I'm not sure what other info you'd need
to try and help resolve this, so please  just ask.

Regards

Gary