[scribus] Linux, Scribus 1.5, Windows Scribus 1.4 and Arial, font.

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Sat Jan 28 15:19:45 UTC 2012

On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 09:34:21 -0500
wena-parry at talktalk.net wrote:

> Thank you K King,
>
> But you use a language that I don't know, what is, " 'Doubt' it,
> probably would be more unstable".
> I have seen and heard of "Doubt"
>
> Are you detecting me to some where I can get a Window's version?
> If so I would hope it's not one that has any form of command lines.
> Thank you again.
>
> Wena

As many have suggested to you you should use Scribus 1.4.0 for
production and 1.5.0 for conversion to pdf X/-a:2001.

Command lines are easy. But Scribus does not require them.

With open source programs like Scribus the Linux version is
developed first, and then it is ported to Windows, OS X etc.
So for you working with Scribus 1.4.0 on your Linux partition
is the surest way to success. On my computer I have both Windows
and Linux partitions. I would never attempt to compile 1.5.0 for
Windows. It would be more work and more likely to fail.

--
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers:

"Create Book Covers with Scribus"