[scribus] Linux, Scribus 1.5, Windows Scribus 1.4 and Arial, font.

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 28 14:53:17 UTC 2012

On 01/28/2012 09:34 AM, wena-parry at talktalk.net wrote:
> Thank you K King,
>
> But you use a language that I don't know, what is, " 'Doubt' it,
> probably would be more unstable".
> I have seen and heard of "Doubt"
>
> Are you detecting me to some where I can get a Window's version?
> If so I would hope it's not one that has any form of command lines.

There is a perfectly usable Windows version 1.4.0, but this has the same
export capability of the Linux 1.4.0.

You will still face this potential instability problem even if you could
find 1.5 for Windows (don't know of any availability right now).

I think the advice you were given was the best -- do your work in 1.4.0,
then when you get ready to export to PDF/X-1a, open the file in 1.5 and
export. Don't do any editing in 1.5, only in 1.4.0.

If you switch back and forth from Linux and Windows, the biggest problem
you might have would be fonts which are on one system and not the other.

Greg