[scribus] Odd tabulator behavior

Don Strayer dstrayer at sadt.com
Wed Jan 25 23:28:12 UTC 2012

I just started running Scribus 1.4.0 on Debian Sid. When I loaded an old
.sla file (last written a year ago), I noticed that the tabulators were
behaving strangely. An example .sla and its resulting .pdf are here:

  http://www.sadt.com/documents/test.sla
  http://www.sadt.com/documents/test.pdf

I'm using a center tab and a right tab to distribute three fields across
the width of a text frame. This happens several times on a page. In
most, but not all, cases, the text of the fields is pushed together so
that letters overlap. The same thing happens if I use a left tab in
place of the center tab.

Am I doing something wrong, or should I submit a bug report?

Don Strayer