[scribus] page grid asymetry

Hadmut Danisch hadmut at danisch.de
Tue Jan 24 20:44:00 UTC 2012

Am 24.01.2012 16:27, schrieb a.l.e:
> without knowing what you're trying to do, it's a bit hard to tell,
> but, basically, i would tell you not to use the grid and create a
> typographical grid on the master page, instead.

I plan to create photobooks with inkscape since I am more than tired of
these proprietary windows programs printing service providers offer.

Therefore, I want to place pictures of varying sizes and orientations in
a regular way.

> you can read about it in wikipedia and use page > manage guides > rows
> and columns to create one.

I do know these guides.

However, If I add all those guides I'd need for a photobook of 200
pages, I'd end up in creating the grid manually.

> personally, i would suggest you to use the grid for vector graphics,
> but not for DTP work... other people will probably have different opinions

Well, creating picture books is related to both, vector graphics and DTP.

Which leaves the question open, why scribus offers a grid if I am not
supposed to use it.

regards
Hadmut