[scribus] page grid asymetry

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Jan 24 15:27:22 UTC 2012

hi
> I'm just having some trouble with the page grid.
>
> If the page grid spacing is not an exact divisor of the page width
> (which is usually not the case with metric paper sizes due to the
> width/length ratio of sqrt(2)), it makes a difference whether the grid
> starts at the left or right edge of the paper.
>
> In scribus in double side mode, both pages have their grid starting on
> the left side of the page. Which causes asymmetry, making page design ugly.
>

> Wouldn't it be better to start the grid from the outer instead of the
> left edge?

without knowing what you're trying to do, it's a bit hard to tell, but,
basically, i would tell you not to use the grid and create a
typographical grid on the master page, instead.

you can read about it in wikipedia and use page > manage guides > rows
and columns to create one.

just use the margins as a reference and you have a very powerfull (and
flexible) tool in your hand :-)

personally, i would suggest you to use the grid for vector graphics, but
not for DTP work... other people will probably have different opinions :-)

ciao
a.l.e