[scribus] "Made with Scribus" logo ?-logo propose

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sun Jan 22 19:14:52 UTC 2012

On 01/22/2012 04:13 AM, Murray Strome wrote:
> We'll see what others think. We have to recognize that Scribus isn't a
> household name, so I don't see a problem with promoting the name as part
> of the logo.

It's not as obscure as all that, either.  Recently, I was talking with a
friend of mine, John DeChancie.  (He's a published SF author, but not a
best seller, for those of you who don't follow that genre.)  He's
interested in getting more involved in the layout and publication of his
work so I suggested Scribus.  I was quite pleasantly surprised to hear
somebody else in the room comment that she was well familiar with
Scribus as she'd used it at a former job.  She said that it was quite
capable of doing everything John needs, although it has a bit of a
learning curve.  I responded that everything worth using has a learning
curve.

More people than you'd think use, or are aware of Scribus; it's just
that they don't often have a reason to mention it.  Designing some sort
of "Made with Scribus" logo and getting people to use it might be just
what we need to bring our user base up.  I'd help, but alas, my talents
don't include the visual arts.