[scribus] "Made with Scribus" logo ?

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 06:21:41 UTC 2012

2012/1/20 ale rimoldi <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch>

> hi
>

> > > Ye gods, could we/you please switch to the icons created by Tango
> > > folks already? :)
> > >
> > > http://goo.gl/QB2jW
> > >
> > Perhaps the reason is that they are not especially innovative, nor
> > manifestly more attractive than what we have.
> >
> > I find the dotted lines disturbing, since they don't seem to reflect
> > any essential feature of Scribus, particularly when we consider they
> > are at odd angles.
>
> somehow agree with greg...
>
> several times i've hoped that scribus gets a much "simpler" logo, easy
> to be recognized, easy to display at any size.
>
> i mean, look at [ID] ...
>
> and if we should have a logo depicting an object, it should imo
> recall me of what i do with scribus... for my personal perception, a
> pencil fails at this goal... even if it's just a shadow.
>

> but i have other sorrows concerning icons...

I have a suggestion.

I propose we launch a contest around this idea of a logo.

But the challenge would not involve Scribus only.

We could ask the Libre Graphics community — and more people — to enter the
contest to create a logo with the following catch phrase :

"Made with F/LOSS" or "Made with Free/Libre Open Source Software"

The logo should have a black and a colored version and should be easy to
reproduce.

Made with Scribus is diminishing in my view as it is unlikely someone is
going to create a page layout without the help of other tools, like
Inkscape and GIMP, at least. Without mentionning the fonts as well...

This contest could go on from March 1st to May 1st and we would pick the
winner in Vienna, during the next LGM.

How does that sound?

Louis