[scribus] move pages to new doc

Jean Mielot j.mielot at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 05:37:51 UTC 2012

On 19/01/2012 23:53, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 01/19/2012 01:38 PM, John Ghormley KJ4UFG wrote:
>> No need to learn a whole new
>> environment and/or distribution command set as Xubuntu is very nearly
>> what
>> Ubuntu/Gnome used to be.
>
> I use Fedora, and migrated to XFCE when I read what Gnome 3 was going
> to be, and I've no desire to go back.  YMMV, as will the OP's.  My
> sister uses Ubuntu with Unity, and has gotten used to it.  As far as a
> "new environment and/or distribution command set" goes, unless you're
> installing software from a terminal, there's almost no change.
> Granted, I prefer using su to sudo, but on the rare occasions that I
> do anything on her box via terminal, I have no problems remembering
> the proper syntax.
>
> I don't mean this as advocacy, especially as a bleeding-edge distro
> like Fedora isn't for everybody.  I just wanted to point out that you
> can, if you want, leave Ubuntu without leaving Linux.

I've gone through a few distros in the past 2 months - migrated from
windows 7 with cs5 - determined to go open source.
Went to Arch (great, but a few annoying little issues put me off -
specifically fonts) - then Kubuntu, Fedora, back to Arch and
then ended up with Ubuntu - Unity is quite annoying at times, but at
least is still uses compiz (unlike Gnome's new mutter).
Cross the board though I would say I felt better performance with
Windows 7 (which is quite annoying I admit) - As a graphic
designer I love a pretty GUI and have tried Enlightenment, XFCE, LDE and
openbox. They're all nice, but just feel they lack
that certain cool factor I have come to expect from a modern desktop.

On the upside - I have proved to myself that I can make a proper
magazine using only open source without compromising too much.
Still have a big issue with Scribus' justification - which is make or
break for me - but next week I'll experiment and see if I can
get it where I like it.

Anyways - very off topic. Apologies to mailing list members who don't
care for this discussion.