[scribus] Layers?

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 16 13:11:05 UTC 2012

On 01/16/2012 03:23 AM, Jean Mielot wrote:
> Hi
>
> Quick question about layers.
>
> My master page items are all on a Master Page layer which
> is the topmost layer, however it never appears above content
> on other pages - when master page is applied.
>
> Am I missing something? What else is the point of layers?
>
> I know it's been mentioned before, but overriding Master Page
> items would be a HUGE plus.

At least as currently implemented, Master Pages are designed to be a
background to other content, which will be on top.

You can create any number of "regular" layers, which will be placed on
top of the Master Page, and can moved up or down the stack of layers.
You can also moved items from one layer to another.

Greg